Jon Dockhorn is an electrical engineer with experience in transmission, distribution, and substation design. Jon works closely with RVW clients to efficiently maintain and upgrade electrical facilities to meet increasing electrical loads today and into the future.
When the decision to build a power line or substation project is made, Jon produces the design plans, specifications, permit applications, construction contracts, and handles other details as needed. Jon also is involved in bid evaluation and contractor selection. Once a project is underway, Jon maintains a hands on approach to quickly resolve construction issues to keep the project on schedule as much as possible.
Jon began his career as a construction worker building substations and power plants while earning his engineering degree. Since then he has been in the consulting engineering field.
- B.S., University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- Public Contracts & Procurement Regulations, Lorman Education Services
- How to Perform an Arc Flash Study, Brainfiller
- Installation & Termination of Underground Medium Voltage Cable, Okonite Company
- Power Quality & Harmonics, AVO Training Institute
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Nebraska Society of Professional Engineers
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Register professional engineer in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and South Dakota
Jon enjoys hunting, fishing, and camping.