Please contact human resources at 402-564-2876 with inquiries.
|| GIS/Drafter Technician
We have an immediate opening in our Columbus, NE office for a GIS/Drafting Technician to work within our Electrical Department. Job duties will include creation, editing and maintenance of GIS data using various programs including AutoCAD Civil 3D, ESRI and PostGre or SQL databases. Must have extensive knowledge of AutoCAD and experience with Microsoft Office software. Occasional field survey work will also be required. Database knowledge a plus.
- Map creation and maintenance from various data sets (GIS, PDF, SQL or Postgre mapping programs, as well as creation from scratch using field notes from fielding engineer.)
- Creating construction drawing sets for various projects. (Projects include system wide GIS, plans, profiles, and specification prints.)
- Creating project as-builts.
- Occasional field survey work.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Associates degree in either GIS, Land Surveying and Engineering, Design and Drafting Technology or related degree
- Extensive knowledge with AutoCAD.
- Experience with Microsoft software: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Office 365 (Plus).
- Database knowledge a plus (Postgre or SQL)
- Knowledge with web conferencing: Webx, Go to meeting, Office 365, etc.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet project delivery dates.
- Detail oriented.
If sending resume, please put to the attention of Jim Herchenbach
or mail your resume to:
PO Box 495
Columbus, NE 68602-0495